Veteran Resume-Writing Services
Members of the military making the transition to civilian employment have excellent skills that are in demand in the workforce. In fact, the unemployment rate for former members of the armed forces is relatively low. In 2014, the unemployment rate for veterans was just 5.3%, a decline from the year before. That year, about 21.2 million Americans were veterans, accounting for about 9% of the civilian population. The majority of those veterans will find jobs or employment, so if you’re making the transition to civilian life, you are in good company.
Unemployment Rate for Veterans
Translating Military Experience to Civilian Resumes
The first step to getting a job after your military career is creating a resume. However, resume writing can be a daunting task. You probably have many marketable skills that are in demand by employers right now – but how can you translate your military veteran resume into a job application that’s attractive in civilian industries?
The reality is that writing a good resume for a military veteran isn’t enough. In today’s competitive job market, you need to be able to speak on the employer’s terms. And that means using the language and the keywords that the employer is looking for. Your job application may only get a few seconds of attention in some job searches, and so it’s important to make it stand out.
What Type of Resume Do You Need?
CareerProPlus has been helping people apply for jobs since 1986. We specialize in veteran resumes and resume services that help military personnel move from army jobs to the private sector or to government jobs. Our services include:
- Military to corporate job resume services — The corporate world needs the discipline and tangible skills that many veterans have. The typical veteran resume, however, doesn’t emphasize skills such as leadership, team building and other transferable skills in a way that corporations understand. Our CareerProPlus veteran resume services help you create an application that’s focused on results.
- Military to federal job resume services — The government employment market is huge, with more than 2 million U.S. civilians working for the federal government in 2013 alone. It’s also a very diverse market, with more than 350 different types of jobs. If you’re transitioning to a government career, the CareerProPlus team can help you create a customized resume that focuses on your talents and strengths, stressing your advantages as a job candidate.
- Military to government contractor resume services — Government contract jobs can be lucrative, but simply using veteran resume builders online is unlikely to help you emphasize the depth and breadth of relevant experience in a way that HR departments can understand. Our personalized services get to the heart of what you need to include on your resume.
- Management resume services — The discipline and leadership required of military careers are in demand in managerial positions. Highlighting these skills in a way that HR can understand can be a challenge, so let CareerProPlus services help you put your best foot forward.
- Executive resume services — Executives require business knowledge, discipline, organization, teamwork and leadership. CareerProPlus can help you showcase these abilities to show corporations how you can be a team player and a powerful asset.
How to Build a Military Veteran Job Application
There are plenty of military veteran resume examples online, but simply printing a generic resume and incorporating your information isn’t going to work. Most military resumes are written in a highly specialized language. If you want a job outside of the military, you’ll need to use different language and even a different format to attract attention.
The CareerProPlus team has decades of experience writing personalized resumes for military service personnel. You have served your country and now you deserve a rewarding career. Don’t trust poorly-written veteran resume examples to help set you apart from the competition. Contact CareerProPlus for a free consultation. We won’t hand you a veteran resume sample and send you on your way. We’ll take the time to review your information and explain what you need to include to qualify for the jobs you want. We’ll also review what jobs you qualify for and how to format your resumes correctly – even for online applications. Contact our team today to get started!